Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: I have to disagree with you in part...

Tony, while what you say theoretically is correct, you are engaging in flight of fantasy here.

The Grimm, EMM, or Horus units are for mastering and recording suites that make a living from digital audio. Not for the hobbyist. Let's get real.

Secondly, you may be amused to know that Mr Brown recommend both the Tascam, and Korg units highly. He even highly recommended the smaller, portable MR-2 as a superb budget ADC. He was right, in application, they have far surpassed my expectations. When I A/B the tape and the file playback, the results are very impressive.

FYI, I did the DSD Battle Royale and had a few preferences, but I was not in the least put off by the Tascam or Korg samples, actually I thought all the samples were excellent, hard to say which was "best", but they were all slightly different.

Agree about upsampling to DSD, but also to 176.4 or 192 depending on original incoming sample rate. There are very good reasons why it sounds better. As you have noted in the past, one can do this in the software domain or in the DAC..as far as DSD, PS Audio does that in the new DirectStream DAC..you only need 6 grand to get the benefit. :)

Edits: 06/23/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I have to disagree with you in part... - Sprezza Tura 21:46:40 06/23/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.