Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Well sure, but...and...

I'm not an expert. I only know that Ric Schulz has designed a cover that is raised, and allows better ventilation - for the 95s without tubes. I have not heard of anyone who has designed a cover for the Modwright and Exemplar tube players. I imagine it could be done (although I would think it might be potentially more clumsy). It also may need to be raised more, given that tubes generate heat.

I am always amazed when people say something like
"...the only time I hear it is when there's absolutely no signal playing."

I am not being critical of you. The reason I say I am amazed is because even though one does not "hear" it per se, the noise is still there, and raising the noise floor. IMHO, a low noise floor is a *huge* benefit when listening to music. It's easy to experiment and test the benefits and problems by adding some noise to the environment (e.g., with a room fan); and then subtracting it. Of course, if one already has a somewhat high noise floor (traffic, refrigerator,kids, component noise), it is less easy to notice the effects of relatively small additional noise.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.