Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

please get a grip on reality ...

>>Severely compressed excessively loud music (in your case, rock),<<

In my case, just Rock?

Do you really believe that I'm basing my entire opinion on musical reproduction on compressed R&R .. no live recordings, no jazz, no blue grass, no acoustic music, no classical or ...

>>If you don't know that or more aptly, *hear* the colorful distortions then it is explicitly clear that *vinyl*, not live acoustic music, is your reference, it which case no recording format will ever challenge your vinyl standard.<<

Really?

I guess it doesn't matter that I came from a musical family, that I still witness perhaps 10 major live events a year, perhaps 20-30 small events annually ... in venues huge, big and small ... in venues known for awesome live musical reproduction ... such as Massey Hall ... you know(?) ... where Neil Young recorded his live 1971 album which is all the rage with audiophiles because it SOUNDS LIVE!!!

Or are you SIMPLY dismissing my opinion, based on the convenient assumption that I don't KNOW WHAT LIVE MUSIC SOUNDS LIKE!!!!

>>This is especially true when conversing with audiophiles who are proficiently experienced with both high end vinyl and high-end multi-channel in the same system in a decent room (the room matters). Your "faking" pronouncement with regard to muti-channel make this all too clear.<<

OK, not only am I supposedly insufficient at understanding live music and how it pertains to musical reproduction, now I'm "faking" my knowledge of SACD & MC also?

Robert, do you want to debate my knowledge? Fine, I'm not as experienced in SACD or MC as you. I could point out that what I have heard isn't easily dismissed simply because you have more experience, or claim so. Chances are, I'm farrrrrrrrrrrrrr more experienced with high-end 2 channel systems (and the building of hi-end audio in general) than the vast majority here, including you. I already know my system is nothing that you've EVER heard before. And I'm probably just as, if not more experienced with live music as you.

Trust me, I can make the necessary connections which equate live vs reproduced, in 2 ch or MC formats.

You may "think" you can put all THAT in question simply because I disagree with your silly and over-hyped SACD-MC bullshit. You can try and trump me with insinuation, you can even spin the subject matter with "fake" bullshit. If you simply wish to dismiss me in such a convenient manner, perhaps the real question is ... who's really being fake?

tb1

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.