Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

arguably, it's not even "superior" to CD ...

never mind top grade vinyl, which based on my system capabilities ... still renders SACD SQ ... "digitally compromised".

Look ... I've heard horrendous sounding SACDs, and beautiful sounding SACDs ... although the same can be said for any format. Like everything audio, the common denominator is the mastering quality. Given top grade mastering, an excellent CD will ALWAYS trounce a poorly recorded LP or SACD, despite the fact that CD is the least capable format in absolute terms.

No doubt, the very best DSD based recordings sound truly excellent. However, within my system ... I've yet to hear even any SACD match my best vinyl in terms of portraying that "there feeling" ... that pseudo live performance ... with wide realistic dynamic contrast & extended freq. control ... and believe it or not ... my very best vinyl (hardware related) has far superior low level detail retrieval & noise floor characteristics.

tb1

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.