Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Yes, Tower records was all that and worse, but

my nostalgia is linked to the fact that for me the Wabash Rose Records was an unusual place to go, run by an engaging staff who knew their stock, and full of stuff that I could never see/hear in my local neighborhood. Going there was a mini-road-trip and the frat house shabby ambience was oddly comfortable; Rose was much more enjoyable to hang around in than Borders. Sitting in front of my laptop at home by myself, surfing the online music vendors, just isn't as much fun as a trip to the loop, even though the range of available music is probably much greater on the net that it was at the old Rose, and maybe cheaper, too. And, I predict that the sharks who have run the music business for the past few decades will eventually gain control of (embrace) the new distribution technologies and restore their sharp practices. Then again, maybe I'm just a crank and the younger generations will have the same broadening experience of music that I did, but in an entirely different way that I cannot yet imagine.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Yes, Tower records was all that and worse, but - sleeper 19:31:51 10/17/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.