Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Call me assassin (or is it asinine)......

This is the antithesis of a woodworking asylum. But I have one more tidbit to share. Truth be told I, in fact, did start out with a saw hole to launch my assault on the cabinet.

Here's what happen. It all came to a head when I received my new EMM Labs gear that I had been anxiously waiting for the previous 8 weeks or so. I installed the new gear, that because of the solid back of the cabinet, and because it was multi-channel which made things exponentially more complicated, took hours to complete. The only thing I had to do was to connect the power cords to the EMM Labs gear and listen to some glorious music.

That's when Murphy called. The EMM Labs came with two huge Kimber Power cords and I could not get them through the "cable slot" in the back of the cabinet. I almost hit the roof. I was so near yet so far. I had no way to plug in the power.

The following day a friend of mine came to my rescue with a saw hole drill attachment, much like I suspect a locksmith would use to drill a large hole for a lock or door handle. That enabled me to plug in the new gear.

A few days later I said, "screw it" I'm knocking out this cursed back wall. I bought the jigsaw and used the newly made screw holes from which to launch my assault on the cabinet back.

I have never looked back.

Robert C. Lang

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.