Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Call me assassin (or is it asinine)......

because I recently assassinated the back of my cabinet with some sort of circular saw. It was very ugly. If hired help had laid waste to a hunk of wood in that manner I would be suing him or her for several types of damages including malicious destruction. But man was it worth it!

Fortunately, the back of the cabinet is out of view so the hack job is not at all visible. Most of all it has worked perfectly! Prior to my whacking out the back of a portion of the cabinet the installation of a single component would be a two-person two-hour job. And heaven forbid if I wired something incorrectly. Now the *same* job might take 15 minutes.

A few weeks ago Guy Hammel of Placette Audio, who designed and built my passive multi-channel line stage was in the San Francisco Bay Area and paid me a visit. We were able to slip a piece of gear in and out in just a few minutes. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Knocking out that back wall has made life so much simpler.

Like you I made sure not to take out so much that the cabinet would possibly loose physical integrity.

Robert C. Lang

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.