Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Final Lab Daruma 3-II Isolation Feet with SCD-777ES (long)

At present you catch me at a disadvantage since I have not used the Daruma in my own system, although I will soon. I can report what our dealers have said, since they have had the opportunity to perform the comparison. They have all told our distributor "not to worry, the Daruma is not in the same league as the Vistek."

Obviously, the Aurios and Daruma appear to operate along similar principles but, as I mentioned in the previous post, the one who better understands those principles can take advantage of them to produce a better product. Properly applied knowledge is power! To wit: I know what materials and geometries comprise the Daruma and I can reasonably project that (without having heard the Daruma) it will sound more clouded and closed in, having a less incisive and clear transient response, as well as a more ragged frequency response.

Perhaps that conclusion may seem a bit presumptous, but consider the analogy of two racing car designs and their designers. Each designer can accurately evaluate the other's design assuming that he knows what's "under the hood and under the chassis" for both vehicles.
I am making the same sort of assessment based upon my understanding of what makes the VISTEK product work as it does. When the remaining patents for the Aurios MIB concept are finally cleared, we will be free to more openly discuss the technical aspects of our design. Until then, what has been posted here and what is found in the hifi press review articles will have to suffice. I venture to say that if the designers of the other ball-bearing isolators knew which principles were truly significant, they would definitely change their designs!

VISTEK's history in producing anti-vibration solutions for industry and medicine has, of necessity, involved considerable research into material and geometries for those products. The effects of these understandings are reliably measureable via analytical equipment generally used in the vibration analysis industry. This is an obvious advantage! But, as I mentioned before, the marketplace is where the efficacy of all products is put to the acid test. VISTEK has been very successful in displacing air tables marketed for industrial and medical applications. We expect to do the same in the electronics industry, including entertainment electronics such as those used by the audio and videophile.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.