Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Final Lab Daruma 3-II Isolation Feet with SCD-777ES (long)

Sounds like everyone has been alerted to the possibility of "otherworldy" enhanced performance from ball-bearing-based isolation devices! Could it be the hifi press/consumer notoriety given to the Aurios concept has given rise to this recent spate of interest in all ball-bearing isolation designs?

To qualify my comments I have to confess my affiliation with VISTEK INC., the manufacturers of the Aurios MIB. Accuse me of prejudice, but please hear out the following. The Aurios are a specifically engineered response to a universal and ubiquitous problem: that of the intermodulation of electrical signals caused by (mostly low frequency) vibrations.

You will note that the materials, geometries and finish of the Aurios are different from other ball isolation designs. The reason for those differences is found in the marketer/engineer's decision-making processes while developing the product. The performance of the product directly relates to: (a brief primer on product development, the tenets of which apply to products of all kinds)

1. The engineer's understanding of the governing principles involved in the problem he/she is trying to solve.

2. The engineer's creative use of solutions appropriate to the problem.

3. The application of principles and practical manufacturing techniques to reliably make a product of a chosen quality.

4. Appropriately constraining both principles and manufacturing techniques to fit the budget allowed by the targeted market.

In short, products are the direct expression of a chain of (hopefully) progressively related ideas and perspectives. All VISTEK products have been expressly designed to compete with air bearing isolation solutions (truly expensive!). Accordingly, the quality of the materials, machining and processing involved in the manufacture of the product is reflected in the final price of the goods. But you get what you pay for.

In that sense, the marketplace is the ultimate arbiter concerning claims made for competing products, including the isolation bearing products currently extant. There are a number of people who've had a chance to compare these technologies and the vote (unlike things Presidential) has not resulted in a tie. Ultimately, I believe that the performance-minded will naturally gravitate toward the product that delivers the goods.

Let the good times roll!

Craig Goff
VISTEK INC.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.