Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

That information is available? - Please help.

I don't think we ever seen specific reasons why the S9000ES is preferred to the NS999ES as a stock player and with greater potential for sonic improvement after modifications.

If it is due to transport, I am sure most people would also like to know why does he consider the one in the S9000ES to be better, since it seems to have more TOC read problem than the NS999ES. If it is DAC chip and implementation in question, I think people would like to know which chip is used in each model. I don't think that information is available here. If there's any manufacturer data that Allen can cite to let us know if the DAC implementation on each player are optimizing its performance as well as the format, then it would be most helpful.

We all are confident that Allen's modification to the analog stages is guaranteed to elicit the best out of DSD format, but what we also like to know specifically why he thinks the NS999ES construction and design is more of a hindrance to him, while the S9000ES has greater potential for improvement.

If you can source all this data within this board, please let us know, it would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.