Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Starker

I have this set on a Mercury reissue that came out on LP called Philips Golden Imports (budget line). I made tapes of these and listened to them often. These became my primary favorite of these very strange and remarkable works. When the MLP CD came out, I got that as well.

I have Fournier on LP and Maurice Gendron on CD. And the CDs of the historic Casals recordings. In reality, there is nobody who rises to the level where they are able to record these pieces who does not have much to offer. All of these are good. But the Starker still is for me the most natural, maybe because it was my first.

Yes I will double up on these two more times, hopefully tonight if it is in stock. Different sound makes it a different thing to me, so I don't really look at it as doubling up. Just looking at the same scenery from different views.

You know, SACD and CD before that, have both been great boons to my enjoyment of music. I am able to do things with these formats that I could not do with vinyl, e.g. play repeatedly in the car and not worry about any wear. I've been listening to Boulez Rite of Spring JSACD not less than 15 times over the last 2 weeks- I pulled it out after I got the Telarc Rite, only to find that the Boulez was a treasure waiting to be mined.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Starker - tunenut 16:25:55 10/12/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.