Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

comparisons are important

I for one appreciate the data points, realizing full well that you cannot draw any general conclusions from any single data point. But they do add up. I posted my own impressions of the Bartok SACD vs. the 45 RPM Classic LP set. On my own antiquated SCD-1. And if people want to tell me the SACD will be the winner on the Meitner, that's fine, but I don't have that, I only have what I have. There can never be a pure format comparison, unless you go back to the recording studio, even then it's different hardware being compared, not just format.

For 20 years now, one digital product after another has come along with reviewers claiming finally as good as the best analog. And that was also the claim when I bought the SCD-1. It's very good, in some cases competitive with analog, but clearly after 4 years now, I know it is not close to the best analog. I am willing to pursue this "digital as good as analog" chimera a bit further eventually, but it gets a little silly when I still have a long upgrade path on the analog side.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.