Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

You are starting to scare me!

>>However, I find the cassettes I made from SACD's to be frightfully good, so perhaps if we compare at a given price point (e.g. $1,000CDP/SACD) the differences should be apparent<<

PLEASE ... are you stating that if you make a cassette of a SACD disk, that because of the 'cassette lower resolution format' you are justifying that low-end sacd players will still sound great.

I have been making tapes for 20 years - from reel to reel, cassette decks good and bad.

ANY tape made from a GOOD source on a GOOD deck will sound GOOD. If the tape deck is NAK quality using metal tapes and proper levels - you will find very little difference between the tape and ANY source.

If the tape is not of good quality, then the tale-tell signs of tape reproduction are - modulation noise, azimuth and frequency extreme problems, compression and noise. NONE of these problems are related to the sound of cheaper electronic equipment - from amps to cd, sacd or even analog. Tape problems are unique and have their own limitations!

So based on the above - what exactly are you stating!

How long have you been in this game? Room acoustics (which you still can't understand); speaker design, amp technologies, massive break-in; and know cassette duplication - all impact SACD - but NOT any other format!!!

Your Kiddin Me - Right!
TBone

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.