Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: But, it's fair to say that, for both of you, SACD is better than either, right? <nt>

TBone states:

But already cheaper and cheaper SACD players or SACD/CD/DVD-A combo players are
arriving, and I think they will not produce the proper SACD results. In fact they may be
very disappointing!
-----------------------------------------------------
Question:

Do you have any listening experience or other evidence to support your suggestion that the cheaper SACD players will not produce the "proper SACD results," or is this another case of "everyone knows this already, or course, so I don't have to provide any evidence"? Has anyone actually compared the response of the newer, cheaper SACD players to the SC-1 or the 777, for example? And has anyone compared the sound WITHOUT KNOWING which unit they were listening to at the time, and WITHOUT KNOWING the prices of the units they were listening to at the time?

Until such listening results are known, I think it is highly
improper and misleading to post "opinions as facts" such as the above note. If "you get what you pay for" is true in this instance, then the differences in performance should be clearly and unambiguously apparent, whether or not the listener knows which unit is playing at the time. Meanwhile, unless you have listened at length WITHOUT KNOWING which unit was being demonstrated at the time, I suggest that we wait for some further evidence before making such statements.

Jim Cate

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.