Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Gentleman...

This is ONLY audio!!!!

No need to justify one's preference in choosing different technology.

I am not a SET fan, although I am aware and respect the fact that many reputable audiophiles love it. I also have heard and liked SET, tube amps and SS amps. I prefer SS not because it is better, but because it is my preference to the music I like!

I also respect the fact that Mike owns both units and his decision making process is based on first-hand experience. Why would you Mr 'HiFI guy' speculate that his findings are only based on his SET preference. Did you invade his home and make that decision on fact - or just empty speculation based on the theory of measured performance.

Anybody with a subjective thought would realize that maybe - Just maybe - Mike was correct! No No No - Instead because of SACD rhetoric - he (or his system) must be doing something wrong!

Why?

To this day I have heard SACD advocates claims that speakers, lack of break-in, rooms, and different amp technologies are all major limitations of sacd sound, esp compared to cd and analog.

Mike and I claimed SACD sounds excellent, yet thats not good enough!
What Next?

TBone

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Gentleman... - TBone 14:57:33 11/28/00 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.