Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Please explain those other factors.

Yes, they made a difference before. And now they don't. If you want to attribute that to bad ears, be my guest. (Of course, you'll have to include my wife as well in that assessment...and her hearing, at seven years younger, is admittedly better than mine...which is why I have her check out any major alterations I make to the system.)

I'm not out to repeal the laws of physics, simply to report what I've heard. Rick's original point was that we may have to rethink how we look at (listen to) our systems in light of the technology. My admittedly limited experience with the lenses suggests that such a rethinking may very well be in order. That's why I posted.

If you hear differently, no problem. I view this forum as largely a learning experience where we share observations, perceptions, etc....and we may sometimes disagree...but I would hope that out of the dialogue we wind up broadening our vistas maybe just a little. That's the point, I think, of communication. And if we can do it without seeming to bash the other person, so much the better.

No sweat. It's cool.

--Jim

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Please explain those other factors. - Jim Treanor 08:38:09 11/28/00 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.