Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Sony RM-AV3000 Remote

I bought my remote for $113 from aaxes.com, plus $13 for 2-day shipping (if I remember correctly). I needed a new remote because my RCA learning/universal hard-button remote ran out of memory. I think I actually liked the hard button remote better, but must admit that I can do more with the Sony and it has a huge memory for learning commands. The Sony is a combination of hard-buttons and touch pad. See the link below for a professional review and a user forum.

As I mentioned, the universal code for Sony CD players in the RM-AV3000 will operate all functions of the 775 except for accessing the menu, changing between SACD/CD layers, changing between stereo/MC mixes, and power on/off. Off the top of my head, it will play, stop, pause, forward/back, direct access discs by disc number, skip discs forward/back, direct access to track numbers, program track selections, repeat, continuous play,... pretty much everything else.

Of course it could learn the commands that are not built in. That's why I'm trying to figure out if the 775 remote can perform those tasks at all. If so, I'll try to locate that remote and learn the commands to the 3000.

Scott

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Sony RM-AV3000 Remote - sperlsco 09:16:13 11/06/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.