Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

I have the Magni 2 Uber....

I bought it after I moved my Lyr 2 down to my main rig. The Magni 2 Uber is upstairs in my office. It is fed by an Ifi iDSD Nano USB DAC and hooked to a Toshiba S75Dt-A7220 via a Pangea Silver USB Cable.

The Magni 2 Uber is driving my HiFi Man HE-400S cans and does a dammed nice job. I can only compare it to the Lyr 2 and the headphone amp built into the Ifi Nano.

The Magni 2 Uber is surprisingly close in sound quality when compared to the Lyr 2. The Lyr 2 has the last word in resolution but the Magni 2 Uber leaves very little to want.

When you compare the Magni 2 Uber to the amp built into the IfI nano there is little left to say other than it leaves the Ifi in the dust. The HE-400S is a very sensitive set of cans but they jump alive when you stick the Magni 2 Uber in between the IfI and the HE-400S.

The low end jumps to life and it frees up the HE-400S with greater dynamics. The Magni 2 Uber is a no-brainer type of recommendation when you consider the $150 price tag. You can pay a lot more and get much less.

The Magni 2 Uber delivers an honest and clean 1.5 watts to 32 Ohms. It is very quiet (not a hint of noise when turned up very high) and I have yet to hear it sound a bit strained or have the high frequency sound strident.

Its pretty ridiculous for $150.

Ed
Life is analog...digital is just samples thereof

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.