Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: HiFiman HE-560 mini reveiw

I've had my 560s for a couple months now. Moon Audio had a sale a couple months back and got $200 off. Wanted to step off the train of headphone purchases in the $2-$400 range and get a top notch set to enjoy for a long time.

And I agree, they are extremely impressive. Haven't heard anything pricier, so I can't to do an apples to apples comparison, but they are by far and away the best I've yet heard. I've always preferred speakers unless travelling, but these have given me some of the best sound I've ever experienced. The bass is powerful and present. Imaging, what you said. The sound is full and rich. My list of other 'phones are: Shure 535 iems, Beyer 1350s, Senn Momentum & Amperior, AKG 701s. DAC's, RSA Predator and AQ DFly/Jitterbug, TASCAM 3000. Listen to my digital music library I'm gradually converting to 24/192 on the TASCAM on PC via MediaGo and Pono (JRiver) software, monitoring vinyl recording through the TASCAM.

Headphones usually give me a case of fatigue fairly quickly. Not these.

I considered the 400i's, but knew I'd always wonder if the 560s were better. So just got them. Very pleased overall, but the wires and connectors...have to be the worst. Stiff, prone to kinks, and the screw connector...just a bad idea.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.