Home Dynaco-Doctor Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: PAS 3 and FM 3

Hey Kenny, do you use an active crossover to split the signal in your bi-amp set up? If so...what kind? I hope to finish the upgrades to my ST-70's this weekend, and plan a bi-amp configuration. I purchased a ss Rane x-over on ebay for the project, and the local tube shop owner called it "crap". Always nice to hear that after dropping $150. He took the time to give me a demo on a very excellent setup, with and without the Rane. It colored the signal in a very dramatic way. The Rane found a nice home at the shop, and doesn't complain whn the CNC machining center sings along :-)

Seriously looking for a "reference" x-over that won't break the bank. The Daniel II active x-over fits the bill, but is no longer offered as a kit. Prolly beyond my current skills anyway, although the ST-70's have been very straight forward. 'Course...haven't actually powered those up yet. I am anxious to hear what you did to achieve the great sound.

-Pat

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: PAS 3 and FM 3 - Pat 02:43:43 05/30/03 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.