Home Dynaco-Doctor Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

ST 410 PC-28 BOARD

Hello everyone, I'm a new member that stumbled on to forum. 8 months ago i was given 410 with a dead channel. I found some crispy resistors on the pc 28 board. So i found all needed resistors ,cap kit and a semiconductor kit for both boards and went to work. All went well with setting bias and dc offset after the upgrade. 6 months of sweet sound later I thought I should top it off with new bridge rectifier and 8 new output transistors. (4) 571104 to replace 2n5360 and (4) 561356 to replace 2n6030. Again i checked bias and dc offset to be sure we were good to go. The sound is great,but I noticed the special blue smoke developed when i got heavy on the volume. The R-38 resistor 47 ohms 1/2 watt was the original failure point. It is now a 1 watt per recommendation and is about to fry on the same board. Before i added new transistors on Q101 thru Q104 you could push high volumes and not break a sweat. Im not sure where to go from here. Are the early pc 28 boards not able to handle the newer transistors? Any thoughts on this are very appreciated.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - ST 410 PC-28 BOARD - CLOSE TO THE EDGE 20:45:44 07/18/13 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.