Home Dynaco-Doctor Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Mk III's TP 1, 2 and 3 issues?

Hello, I am new to this forum thing but I need some help and have no one to go to. I just bought a pair of Mk III's with Joe Curcio Premium mods but the guy I bought them from couldn't get them to work? He had them for years and finally gave up. I have spent many hours going over every single detail and I found a few things that were screwed up and I have corrected those. I have isolated the Power Transformers and the voltages there are perfect. All voltages are great on the power supply board and everything lights up like it should and biases but the last part of the testing phase is to check voltages on the Driver board at TP1, 2 and 3 and they are all very low. I am getting 1.5vdc at TP1 and TP3 and 180vdc on TP2. I should also note that BOTH amps are doing exactly the same thing. Both amps also have the Quad Cap replacement boards. It seams clear that I can't find a wiring issue and they are both wired the same way. The Power Board is MK3 PWR, the Driver Board is MK3/6 and the Quad cap board is CAE#PC-S7U. I think this quad cap board is for a ST-70 but I was told they were the same. I am really looking forward to hearing these things and I am very grateful for any advise and help. Thanks, Steven

Edits: 06/17/12 06/17/12 06/17/12 06/17/12 06/18/12 06/23/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Mk III's TP 1, 2 and 3 issues? - Steven Parker 10:19:41 06/17/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.