Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

no you recall incorrectly

i "turned up" the level to match what you quoted (above 80dB) in your post. that does not imply that is my normal listening level.

by the way i said the hiss was detectable even at low listening levels, an observation which you chose to ignore again and again. this clearly shows your system is not resolving the hiss when *you* (not me) listen at levels below 80dB. and it's not tape hiss - it probably comes from the mic.

and you did not say the brushwork sounded like hiss on your brother's system. from memory, you said you couldn't hear the brushwork on your brother's system. you took extraordinary trouble to correct a poster (twice!) who *correctly* noted that there was hiss on the track, which strongly indicates *you* did not observe the hiss.

*** I have no doubt that the CD replay on my Marantz SA-14 is significantly better than your Sony's ***

more sarcasm again?

i would be very interested to hear on what basis you are saying that. have you actually A/B'ed cd replay on the sa-14 vs xa777es? i have, on more than one system.

ps - i don't see how my posts are impeding methos' ability to test for himself. all i am saying is that you have yet to convince me.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.