Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Sorry...you just stated the SAC positon...

I have never heard DVD-A described as the be all and end all. The SACD supporters that post on the hi-rez highway though, beleive exactly what you state - DVD-A must die for SACD to survive. They prefer SACD to win. To me and perhaps many others, we do not see a problem of one format or the other. There is nothing to say that both formats cannot exist together. Analog and digital have been used for years as recording mediums. Multi-format players will allow both formats to exist. Just go to the SACD board right now and see, the bickering is still going on by the same people that caused problems before. Rich now does not want anything critical said of SACD at all and it is the usual love in for every SACD disc that appears. Here we have real issues to discuss in practical terms. I am not into "sound" but "music". If it moves me, then fine, I don't really care how great it "sounds". This goes for the majority of the population. They care about the emotion of music, not how great it sounds.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.