Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Format with best hi-end resolution at 'BestBuy/Circuit City' will win????

Interesting thought but I'm not so sure. Maybe we are interested in superior resolution but I'm not so sure that is what influences "BestBuy/Circuit City" customers. It is hard to see most will detect much different from CDs except surround sound and both formats have that potential. From that angle, with consumer spending veering towards DVDs one could speculate DVD-A has the edge but Universal players will negate that advantage. So, I would suggest that price and artists/songs etc on the discs will be the two determinants of purchase.

Agreed the Meridian 800/861 is not a regular consumer product but Meridian products demonstrate what DVD-A is capable of sounding like and is the equal of the best in SACD when done properly. Improvements will filter down just as safety etc features in expensive cars has filtered down to more affordable consumer autos.

As for watermarking referred to in another post, I have yet to hear it.

John

Peace at AA

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Format with best hi-end resolution at 'BestBuy/Circuit City' will win???? - John C. - Aussie 22:33:20 01/27/03 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.