Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Late adopter Toshiba SD-9200 DVD-A

Boy, am I coming late to this party! I stumbled upon a Toshiba SD-9200 DVD-A in a thrift store for $47, and it works perfectly. Well, nothing is perfect. It did not come with a remote control. I scrounged a Toshiba remote, but it is not the correct one and does not have the button to turn off the video for audio only playback. (The correct one is SER-0035). From what I have read, the video is nothing to write home about compared with modern players, so my plans are for this to be an audio only player. With high quality Redbook, HDCD and DVD-A playback, I think I can make good use of it. My question is, is there any way of turning off the video, without the correct remote? Is this feature just a dog an pony show that I should not worry about?

I have just secured a small monitor for my listening room so I can work the menu. (I did not have a TV in my listening room before.) I have downloaded the manual. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I am also interested in what you guys think of the quality of this machine (good or bad). Listening to Redbook trough my test bench Hafler 101 preamp driving Grado SR60 headphones sounded very good. I am eager to get it up and running. I sure does seem to be very well built.

My system is posted and up to date if you are interested.

The remote is available through New Remotes Inc. for $19.95. http://www.electronicadventure.us/toshiba.htm?gclid=COqO8t7T1KoCFUHe4Aod0l6a0w

Has anyone dealt with this company?

TIA!

Dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Late adopter Toshiba SD-9200 DVD-A - Crazy Dave 13:45:16 08/16/11 (13)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.