Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

The search is on for a DEPENDABLE DVD-Audio Player

I realize that DVD-Audio is a dead format, but I have a number of disks already, and there are some interesting DVD-Video format surround sound music titles being released. I have a Denon DV-5900 universal player, but it is a massive steaming pile of $hit. Denon Canada replaced the laser transport about 8 months ago (cost me $250). A few months ago (out of the 3-month repair warranty) the thing is buggered again, and they tell me that it needs another new laser transport ... but it isn't available any more. They want to steer me into one of their universal Blu-ray players, but I will never buy another piece of Denon gear again. I have not heard good things about Cambridge Audio player reliability, but I am wondering about Arcam. I have an ancient Pioneer DV-47Ai that is playing perfectly, but the Denon does sound better. I am wondering if there are any higher end players that use the Pioneer transport. I don't want an Oppo, and I would rather not get into a debate as to why or why not. Any advice? Anyone need a DV-5900 to hold a door open ... it is a weighty piece of crap ... it has that going for it.

I am not allowed to have a signature line.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Topic - The search is on for a DEPENDABLE DVD-Audio Player - Quadzilla 10:49:09 06/11/11 (19)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.