Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

RE: Upsampling Joy

David,

Thanks for posting your impressions regarding upsampling to 24/96. I'm a total newbie to PC-based audio and have yet to tackle my first project. Later in the year, I hope to purchase an ADC so I can use my LPs to create hi-rez files. Perhaps I'll purchase the new super-user-friendly Furutech GT40, which combines a phono preamp with an ADC. In the interim, I had thought about doing simple projects...perhaps copying an existing CD into Audacity and learning how to change the EQ.

I would be delighted to learn to do what you have done, except that I don't have a Mac. Do you happen to know if there's a version of Wave Editor (or some comparable upsampling program)that runs on PC? Also - like you - I'm interested in burning my newly created 24/96 files onto a DVD (Video) disc so I can play it back in my transport. I'd love to hear 24/96 files thru my Lavry DA10.

I'm interested in using cables or USB to set up a computer/audio system interface, but I'll wait till I get a new computer, hopefully a Mac at some point. In any case, I was wondering how playing the DVD works for you. Do you have to go thru playback menus (as I need to do on my commercially recorded 24/96 DVD-Video discs from Neil Young on the Reprise label, i.e., Live at Massey Hall, etc.)? Or, is there a way to create the audio on the DVD-V so you can just press the play button to hear the music...like with CD playback that doesn't have menus?

Advance thanks,
Audiohound

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.