Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: I've seen lots of posts like this around the net . . .

"Well, what more evidence do we need than the recent DSOTM Alan Parsons mix DVDA with over 3gigs of MLP? Why were there several hundred thousand downloads, using those awkward Torrent portals, and for which in some cases folks were prepared to wait several days to save on their hard-drives? -- Folks who could have instead chosen to download one of the previously available DTS-compressed bootlegs in much less time and hassle. That speaks for itself. In fact, I'm sure this was not lost on Floyd's record label -- EMI -- when deciding to publish "Love" on hirez"

Well Martin, in all seriousness, it does speak for itself. Several hundred downloads, (with an emphasis on the "downloads") should have EMI shaking in their boots with regard to packaged media.

The other posts still suggest that there is confusion and education needed, 6 years after the fact.

Again, in all seriousness: What I'm looking for is the moment of "critical mass," a point at which a vast majority of newly-recorded packaged media is hi-rez of some sort, and the vast majority of hi-rez historical remasterings are made directly from analog master tapes. (Of course, during the early digital era, this is impossible.) Otherwise, why buy? Remember '89? At this point vinyl sections had shrunk to maybe 1/4-1/5 of the store, yielding to the CD.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.