Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

True. But...

True, you can have a DVD-A without any menu or imagery. I don't really see the point of that, but if you must, you can... I think this unique to DVD-A, but as soon as you have a DVD-V section, the player needs a menu and video content description files.

In discWelder Steel, you have a default video menu built in, which you can disactivate in a special option. I find this menu very useful for writing the titles of the tracks, but you can do without it. What you have in the full discWelder Chrome (which I don't have), is the ability to customize this menu, with your choice of pictures, fonts, etc.

A much more important aspect would be a common set of rules for all DVD-A publishers with a given order for the groups, e.g.
Group 1: MCH 5.1
Group 2: Stereo
Group 3: Bonus
etc.

Most of the Warner DVD-A titles that I have follow the same architecture, so you can play them without your TV (Group 2 = stereo). But some discs have a different pattern (I think Nightfly is one). In my view, it should be easy enough for small publishers to follow the typical Warner configuration, it would make life easier for all of us.

Best

Eric

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • True. But... - Eric LeRouge 13:19:55 01/31/03 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.