Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: I know. That's what I used to encode Verance for.

No it's not completely transparant.
Listen to a studio master on a studio system and compare it with the system using at home there is also a sonic difference.
As soon as you put elecronics in the music's path transparancy suffers. How much the signal suffers from the watermark I just can't tell. My guess is that it's minor.

Personally I have heard some 'DSD artifacts' at various demo's. Transients rich sounds didn't sound 'correct' to me.
I never have recognized the effects of watermarking on a DVD Audio disc. But I do believe that I can recognize it in a direct comparison with the original sound. Why bother if I can't recognize it in practise? So far for me it's less of a problem than the dsd problems I did hear.

I don't like the watermarking concept but at least it's optional.
Nobody forces independed audiophile labels to use it if they don't want to.

DSD noise isn't optional and it doesn't go away and I fear a lot of recordings suffer already from it before anyone realizes that dsd could be a big mistake to be used for new recordings.

24bit 192kHz multitrack recorders are a better option.

If people like the sound of dsd the conversion to dsd can be done in the player and a filter can be used with different noise shaping characteristics to tailor the sound.

Frank

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: I know. That's what I used to encode Verance for. - Frank 06:20:00 01/31/03 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.