Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Chinese Product Bashing

I blame a company Sam Walton touted as the original "Made in USA" retail store which was turned into the extreme opposite by those who did not follow his philosophy. Sam Walton would turn in his grave if he knew what happened to Walmart. To blame China for the things that are involved the global economy is a limited view. If not China, it happens elsewhere. Perhaps next it will be Africa that will provide low-cost prices in the future. Based on how many parts made in China that are involved in the production of various audio gear, what dictates what made in North America or the EU really means at this point? To a certain degree, I consider a Chinese product of good quality to be an option that can be purchased at a wholesale price point, while a North American or EU product must be worthy of its retail price, even though Chinese parts may be fully involved in its manufacturing process in order to be worthy of the extra expense. At this time, I fully enjoy Chinese power supply units and DACs with only a margin of consumer guilt due to the fact that, like most western audiophiles, I would rather not purchase anything from anywhere else than my own backyard, for patriotic if not from a human rights perspective. It's an empty gesture to boycott Chinese products, since the cat is fully out of the bag, at this point.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.