Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: I'm Curious...

I think the problem with the OP's post is simply that a lot of people here and Stereophile readers (and probably 4/5 of their staff are not very familiar with horn speakers of this ilk. And that is perfectly understandable since the vast majority of dealers (especially in the west) do not carry large horns where makers essentially take various drivers (from various companies like Line Magnetic) and then put it all together and sell it under their own label. It's kind of like all the brands that buy a lowther stick it in a cabinet and sell it under their own label.

Kloss probably needed to help most of the readers out here because the massive horns or even the relatively normal sized ones like the Auditorium are just are not mainstream enough in America.

Dave - they actually make a lot of different loudspeakers - Art Dudley and Jack Roberts reviewed the same Line Magnetic loudspeaker. And that one isn't even the good ones.

Pictured is an all line Magnetic system including their speakers. But they make several other speakers on top of this one.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.