Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Sorry Kloss but there is no review in Stereophile of the Line Magnetic Horn per se

Actually JA makes no comment that I could read as a criticism of the Line Magnetic tweeter. He measures it (just facts). He does criticise certain aspects of the loudspeaker designer's implementation of the Line Magnetic drivers but that is not criticism of the units in their own right.

Yes he does find the (measurable) lack of upper frequency energy not to his personal taste but modifies this comment by pointing out that Art Dudley did not find this a problem. IMO JA is entitled to report what he heard. In fact he concludes most positively " You should give this speaker a listen - just to experince what is posssible from a classic compression horn driver loaded with a horn".

You obviously ( from your isgnature) have a dog in the fight as a horn/SE triode afficionado So I understand yor sensitivity (sorry about the pun)to JA's comments. However they do seem to me to be rational and balanced. My view ? I would love to hear this speaker as the SE/horn aspect of this hobby offers so much. Sadly my physical surroundings make the installation of a horn system with adequate bass response largely impractical, hence my choice of a direct radiator design. Given other constraints however ...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Sorry Kloss but there is no review in Stereophile of the Line Magnetic Horn per se - PAR 03:57:53 12/16/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.