Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: "The live experience" There is no such thing

""The live experience" There is no such thing"
I have followed all your posts on this thread and I really don't understand what you are talking about
I play classical guitar. When I sit down and play a piece and listen to what I am playing, that is "The Live Experience". If not what would you call it?"

***A*** live experience. I thought I was being clear that there is no *singular* sound or sound quality that is ***THE*** live experience and that there are a multitude of live experiences that run the gamut of amzing SQ to utter crap SQ. So this idea that the great dividing line is merely whether or not something is live is simply wrong.

"My goal in listening to reproduced music is to make an emotional connection to the music and my system does that for me."

Yes, pretty much the jist of what most musicians say about it. I have been trying to get some of the other posters here to talk about how they describe what they hear when they are evaluating "accuracy/realism" (I don't equate the two myself). So far no takers. So it makes it hard to make my point. But maybe we can get someone to talk about what accurate? realistic playback sounds like to them.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: "The live experience" There is no such thing - Analog Scott 06:32:09 11/29/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.