Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

neither. It's marketing slogan

Audiophilia is a consumer hobby. It's all about an aesthetic experience. So I say whatever floats your boat is right for you. This idea that there is a "right way" or a "wrong way" of enjoying music is kind of absurd. Science, real science is an amazing tool. If the designers and manufacturers of audio equipment can use it to make a better product I am all for it. If they don't use it and still make a kick ass product that is great too. But consumers need only please themselves and how they do it is not for anyone else to judge.

Now if that isn't good enough for an audiophile. If a "subjectivist" feels that it isn't enough to enjoy audio but feels they have to deny the massive body of scientific research on the subjects of audio and human hearing and deny that they are subject to bias effects I am going to call bullshit on them. Likewise if any "objectivist" thinks they are doing elgitimate science in their livingroom and that anyone who doesn't share their opinions on audio is an "audiophool" I will call bullshit on them too. The great audio debate isn't about science. Science is the victim of the great audio debate. The great audio debate is about ego. It's a stupid pissing contest that nobody ever wins.

Edits: 11/19/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • neither. It's marketing slogan - Analog Scott 20:25:52 11/19/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.