Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: What is there to misunderstand?

My apologies. I thought you must have misunderstood intentionally. 'cause, really, it's pretty simple Quoting myself:

>>Anyway, let's say MQA becomes ubiquitous--every major streaming service adopts it, and all the major download companies offer it. Your Aries will still work fine. MQA files sound very good on a good, non-MQA DAC. (Yes, that's from experience.)<<

You responded:

>>Not true when comparing the 2L DXD files with the MQA ones.<<

I was very obviously--can't miss it really--talking about streaming. In that context, comparison to DXD is hardly relevant. You can see that, right? Do you know how big a DXD file is? Of course you do.

I then proceeded to address, separately, the issue of downloads, pointing out that anyone who wants to continue to download their preferred, non-MQA format is free to do so. For, while MQA is compelling for streaming, at least in much of the country, with downloads any decent broadband connection (and lots of patience) can put a DXD file on your SSD. So, unless MQA is such a huge success that all other options disappear, you'll still be able to download just as many DXD or DSD or 24/192 files as today.

Make sense?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.