Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

My Mistake...

Hi John,

Oops, my mistake on those numbers. I'd known it was 7, actually, because at the time read it, I was hoping you were going to go for 8.

For the record, I applaud your effort for doing this. In fact, I suspect you did that because you know that's what me done -- compare.

Just so people know, Bob Stuart contacted me by phone just before my original MQA article was set to run. At that time, I made the offer to send him material produced by one of Canada's most prolific and most respected recording and mastering engineers -- material that goes all the way back to the '80s with those early digital recorders. He had the material set. Bob had also mentioned to me that he was making a trip to Canada and I even offered to bring him to his studio, which is in Toronto. Bob didn't appear interested on the phone, and a follow-up email to wasn't replied to. So it never happened.

These lack of proper comparisons are not only suspect, but also noticed by many -- you can read the responses below and, when I talk to many digital designers, they say the exact same thing. Like politicians' claims that have no substance or backing, manufacturers that do the same thing have stand the very strong chance of being doubted.

So good for at least doing that. Your results certainly don't convince me, but that's at least what has to be done.

Doug Schneider
SoundStage!

Edits: 10/28/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.