Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: e curious about a certain cable, just Google the damn thing. - Makes sense

I think you know how system dependent cables are, and a lot of equipment reviews reference the cables used.
How often has Fremer mentioned trying a number of cables to get the best out of a component? Granted the cables he uses cost more than many readers systems, so they are of limited interest to readers.

Look how often people complain about not enough budget gear reviewed, even though I think they have a pretty good balance. Cable reviews aren't all that popular in my opinion.

I haven't looked over the latest recs, what I usually do is look at the associated equipment. If you follow a reviewer you get to know their preferences, and if they happen to use a component you have, then you can learn something, otherwise too many variables in cable reviews.

I seem to recall a new cable you recently purchased. New for you, but hasn't it been around for many years? If it was a recommended cable, it may be off the list, just because no one has used or listened to it recently. I don't know, I think with cables you will find more pertinent info searching the internet, finding reports from people using the same line of gear as you use. And then unless buying used, it just makes sense to buy from someone with a 30 day money back guarantee. Or find a local dealer who will let you take a cable home over the weekend.

As a final point cable reviews are usually not very interesting to read.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: e curious about a certain cable, just Google the damn thing. - Makes sense - Jeff Starr 20:24:37 10/11/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.