Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Rooms will be smaller due to changes in the ventilation system...

as well as some built-in furniture which runs along one wall of the room and significantly reduces the usable size of most if not all of the rooms.

Plus even the suits have been remodeled with larger kitchens which means less room in the sleeping area to turn into a listening room.

I fear that once a vendor passes on a show it's hard to get them back. I saw everything I wanted to see on Friday and Saturday this year, even though in other years I would close the place up on Sunday afternoon fearing I might have missed something.

Also, the crowds were sparse. REALLY quiet, plenty of time to BS with even the bigger, more important vendors. Smaller vendors were reduced to dragging folks out of the hallways in desperation. This desperation seem to extend to the way many chose to present their wares. While wild claims of exclusivity and superiority are pretty much a common theme in Hi End Audio, such claims were thrown about more aggressively and with even more abandon this year, or so it seemed to me.

Perhaps I'm just getting old and irritable. Perhaps in past years I found such behavior amusing. Could be.

Worse yet, many of my friends in the business passed on exhibiting this year. Most are small with companies who have to pick their shots and have more shows to choose from now, especially if located a ways for Denver. But some larger companies didn't show as well because half of the big rooms on the main floor were not available for exhibiting this year.

All and all I would predict that RMAF will evolve down to a small, regional show and nothing at all like what it was 5-6 years ago, at its peak.

JMHO and I certainly hope I'm wrong.

First they came for the dumb-asses
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a dumb-ass

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Rooms will be smaller due to changes in the ventilation system... - Ivan303 17:44:57 10/10/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.