Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Thank you

You are welcome, but since it was all true I was only stating fact.

It was the weekend, I was not into sitting and writing on the computer, and there were a few more points I had thought of but forgot about while writing.

The most important thing I forgot to mention is the issue of the "ear" and "sensibility" of the reviewer. Someone who knows the sound of real music is so important. I find that many folks, from home audiophiles to manufacturers to dealers to reviewers don't go often or at all to hear music, though lots of lip service is paid, by all, about the sound of real music. John Atkinson plays, and is therefore around other players, listening to their instruments, when playing. There is no substitute for this experience with live music, burned into the mind and reinforced regularly. It is so much easier to judge equipment when you are coming from this position.

When you can bounce this experience and deep, detailed memory of live music against measurements that you take, the combination of the two builds where you can really start correlating the measurements and the sound more meaningfully. That combination of knowledge and skill sets represents a powerful evaluative force.

Again, support of the value of the magazine, especially at the low subscription offers.

To repeat, no connection at all to the magazine, but a long time in audio. .

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Thank you - horn kid 04:15:14 08/03/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.