Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Then the conclusion is probably different taste or differing system synergies. Although if Ying Tan......

I have a pristine copy of the original and a copy of the ORG.

While the records suggest that the original recording of the event was not a stellar example of the best in "perfectionist recording" technique, the ORG has more dynamics, more natural timbre, more detail, and overall sounds better. For anyone into Peter, Paul, and Mary I would think the recording would be well worth the $50 price.

Art sure seemed to single out this recording and use it to blow off steam over the industry and pricing. After listening to the original as well as the ORG I really hear no reason for him to go off like this, which to me read like an attack. I think the aggressive criticism would be better directed toward some manufacturers in the industry who really do deliver mediocre equipment at stratospheric prices. Perhaps a smaller company making $50 records is an easier, safer target to vent those frustrations towards. The guys selling grossly overpriced $100,000+ components that perform barely adequately for a $3,000 product (which does not include all the companies making top dollar equipment, obviously) might fight back a lot harder, and might represent a political problem if criticized like ORG was.

Edits: 08/03/16 08/03/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Then the conclusion is probably different taste or differing system synergies. Although if Ying Tan...... - horn kid 13:55:16 07/31/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.