Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

How?

The problem there is that nobody is being paid to keep track.

Try to find someone keeping track of audiophile speaker shipments as in the graph above.

Even hard to track electron tube production as a measure of audiophile tube amp sales as much of the new production of electron tubes goes into guitar amps.

Even if someone did spend a LOT of time and money to track the so-called 'high-end' audio market from a dollar value perspective, who would they sell the report to? And with the Asian manufacturers in the mix, it would be near impossible to get a handle on the sub-components that are so easy to track in digital photography, (i.e. Sony and Canon sensors).

Every industry I have been associated with over the years, be it photography, bicycles, office machine, medical, etc., was fairly easy to track with a handful of major players who were either public and forced to report, or were otherwise easy to track if not by what they sold, at least by what they bought in order to produce.

OK, most of us lied about our total sales, but still. :-)

Audio doesn't fit any of the above. Except for the lying about your sales part.

First they came for the dumb-asses
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a dumb-ass

Edits: 07/04/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.