Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: To clarify:

Well, you say you don't put much stock in reviewers, yet in your previous post you speak glowingly of a few, and even talk about having personal communication with them. A contradiction. Which is it?

That being said, you make valid points. But there are counter points to yours.

Why doesn't Stereophile just put their nose to the grindstone, do their jobs as they say they do, and keep their mouths shut? That how I do my job, even though there are folks at competing entities who turn out work I think is substandard. My solution is to make sure the best product I can produce is out there.

Of course it is not life and death. :)

But..you they are talking about unethical behavior, not something to take lightly.

BTW, 6Moons is UPFRONT about their policy and made it public ahead of time. They are not trying to fool anybody or pretend they do not want advertiser support. He also had a damn good point. These manufacturers would take his reviews, by ad space elsewhere with quotes from his reviews, provide reprints at shows, and benefit at zero cost to them. The final point here is I don't think the publisher gives a damn..and if he received a product he feels is uncompetitive, regardless..he is going to say so.

TOTALLY different approach then "We take care of our own..."

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: To clarify: - Isaak J. Garvey 11:22:43 05/23/16 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.