Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

I guess if your using....

"Professional grade speakers" to listen to the amps, they might all sound the same. Since i've worked with many different "Pro" sound amps and many audiophile amps, all i will say is that i STRONGLY disagree with you. If such was not the case, and being that i am quite familiar with many, many pro amps, it would be nothing less than foolish for me to spend my money on a more expensive amp that wasn't better sounding.

If i remember correctly, some "Pro Sound" website that did "glossy mag" type reviews happened across a Pass Labs amplifier. After comparing it to several "Pro Sound" type amps ( Hafler, Crown, etc..), the reviewer noted that not all amps sound alike and that the Pass actually was sonically superior. To me, this is quite evident if one knows how to listen and has a system that is properly set up. Then again, i know for a fact that "wire isn't wire", so we're probably on different sides of the fence.

Having said that, if you can't hear the difference, then you probably shouldn't spend the money. No sense in buying a Ferrari if all you do is go to the grocery store down the block. Sean
>

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I guess if your using.... - Sean 22:33:48 06/05/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.