Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Bound for Sound

In my opinion, BFS is erratic ( at best ) in terms of keeping up with their monthly printing schedule. As it is right now, they haven't put out an issue in over two months. On top of that, they haven't responded to emails as i was trying to find out when we can expect a new issue.

If one were to subscribe to BFS and decide that they didn't like it for whatever reason and decide to cancel your subscription, they'll pro-rate your refund. How they do this is that they charge you for the issues that you've received at retail price and then refund the difference. Given that they value each issue of BFS at $3.50 retail, cancelling even after a few issues will pretty much decimate any refund that you have coming.

Other than that, BFS typically covers gear that most other rags don't cover. What you end up with is one person's point of view on each component, there is no technical info or testing presented and you may not agree with the personal preferences of the individual reviewers writing the articles. I used to find it interesting to read and took a long terms subscription, but if i had it to do all over again, i would do things quite differently. Obviously, this is only my personal opinion based on my personal experiences with BFS. Sean
>

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.