Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Re: Can I say something?

hey sue & thanks for the reply here.
Given a few days to contemplate whats really happening.
This is the best i can come up with,--& this is the condensed version.
Comparable to a sports game --be it soccer,baseball,football:--
& i'm not saying this applies to all writers.

With the likes of our writer buddies here--it's like they are in the skyboxes watching the game, whereas the forums are not even the seats--they are standing room only, i do believe that the likes of "some" writers find it very hard to be down in the stands with the regulars fans --& cannot adjust themselves accordingly.In the stands your toes will be stepped on as such.
They might have control over their editorials, but in no way do they have control of the posters here.(as far as we can see at least).

when the posters smell a rat as such(even if they are wrong), then they are going to say, so the result is that theres not gonna be any editorial control.This is live here(well at least it used to be--i think the taped delay has recently gone from 3 seconds to 10 seconds).

Even the most antagonistic posters in here i believe do have some element of respect for the writers(some more than others).
Sam T is a perfect example of how to alienate yourself--yes he has a base of diehard fans, but he just recently succeded in pushing a lotta wouldbes over the other side of the fence.
IMHO.
thanks again for your even keeled explaination . nigel.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Can I say something? - nigelbetts 09:15:10 05/23/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.