Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Getting Bored

Now, Jim, let me ask you a question. Did you ever change your mind about anything pertaining to audio?

Yes. And you?

Power cords. I thought it was unlikely that changing out an A/C cord could make a difference. In fact, switching from a high-quality standard A/C cord (a shielded, heavy-gauge Belden) to a fairly inexpensive aftermarket cord (VERY heavy gauge, triple-shielded, with a distributed ferrite layer), made a difference that was comparable to a component upgrade...and that was on a relatively low-powered integrated amp.

Charles, I think because I said something that made you mad, you've grabbed ahold of an image of me and won't let go. You insist on making me something that I'm not, on attributing to me opinions that I don't hold. In fact, I'm quite open minded. The IC is fairly unique in being so scientifically accessible. Unlike most things in audio, it's fairly easy to conclude that it can't possibly work, except in the realm of perception. I can rule it out. And I can't say that about very many things in audio.

Signing off...

Jim

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.