Home Coconut-Audio

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Last thoughts

I was looking at the Cable Ring thread below and saw something to the effect that Tweak A makes the sound "grey and silky" and Tweak B, "black and edgy" but the Cable Ring makes the sound both "black and silky". If you'll notice for a second, these are unique among Patrick's buzzwords. Usually he's into clarity, microdetail, and other meaningless abstract nouns. But black/grey and edgy/silky sound are very real and easy to understand, even if they're hard to put into words. Clinically speaking, a man more at home with abstract thoughts than concrete reality is considered psychotic, but real life isn't a DSM manual.
Patrick is a man who is clearly functional enough to win high-stakes pool competitions, spend all his winnings on expensive audio cables, solder and hardwire and cut them apart to learn cable constriction, sustain an idea long enough to get into Virtual Dynamics' conceptual prototypes, learn through sheer intuition what makes the Judge more promising than the Nordost Valhalla (remember that phase?), form an entire design philosophy around the promising Virtual Dynamics concept, figure out on his own the idea behind semiconductor devices, learn the difference between active and passive components (see the "0.06mA" of current that he claims makes his crystals active filters), start a business, design a website, keep a girlfriend, father a child, keep both, and make slow and incremental but unmistakable refinements in his ideas, company and website. Clearly he is not a lunatic. He's a laughingstock because of his utter ignorance of basic electrical engineering. But electrical engineering can be taught; what he already has - which is to achieve all he has using nothing but intuition and cable alchemy - cannot.

I happen to think that what Patrick already has is extraordinary and would encourage him to put his Coconut Audio earnings in the bank for a while to pick up a book. The world doesn't get people like him too often, and he has the brainpower to revolutionize the cable industry. I want to see him use it someday, and I don't think I'm alone.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.