Home Bottlehead Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Re: What are Bottleheads running into thier Seduction?

Currently running a Thorens 124 with an RB-300 and an AT-160ml. Sounds pretty darn good considering that I just slapped the arm into an armboard that I had (not the correct distance from the axis). The RB-300 was rewired (in my opinion this is essential) using silver/teflon (my current drug of choice). For not a lot of money it's definitely the arm to go with. You can grab one on Agon for about $200. My preference would be for a TD-124 or Garrard 301/401. Those AT mm cartidges are a great way to start for not a lot of mulla.

I'm at present working on two 124's with SME 3012's one with a Denon DL 103 and one with an SPU and, for a different flavor, a Koetsu Black. Still working on MC stepups. I had an Ortofon T-30 around here, I swear... In the meantime I'm gonna use Altec 15095A's or an old PS-Audio active stepup (wonder what that's gonna sound like). Personally I always thought the 124 don't have a right to sound as good as they do. They do though and conceptually they work very well with the whole SET / Horn thing. I mean if you're gonna be retro why not...

Something you shouldn't overlook are those BIX tables though. Seems like a genuinely good deal for a whole table. Just put it on a very stable platform (mass loaded if you have a good non-springy floor) or a wall mount if your floors are like mine (true for all tables).

Carrington

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: What are Bottleheads running into thier Seduction? - carringtonw 07:39:07 08/05/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.